Just last week, Microsoft launched another impressive tool within 365 that KaufmanIT clients should be aware of: Loop. One of our internal teams is already using the tool to manage projects and is excited by what it can do.
In short, Loop is a collaboration platform that makes it easier for teams to work together in real-time.
Shared project workspaces? You might be thinking, ‘been there, done that.’
But with Loop, the ability for users to work across their various Microsoft 365 tools is where the power comes from.
For instance, once a Loop workspace is created, components of it can be shared with others via email or Teams. The recipient can make changes to the component without ever leaving their Outlook box or Teams channel, and those comments or edits will update the Loop workspace in real-time.
It also appears the new AI assistant, Copilot, will be embedded in Loop once that engine is released in the coming weeks.
The following 2-minute video gives a great rundown of how Loop operates
*Important Note: Loop is now available to all Microsoft 365 users at no cost, but only in Preview mode, which means it needs to be permissioned at the admin level for users to gain access. It’s not as straight forward a setup process as an app in full release, so feel free to contact us for help.
Here are some more benefits found in Loop
- Flexible Workflow: The tool offers a flexible workflow that allows users to work on different aspects of a project, from brainstorming ideas to creating content and reviewing it.
- Seamless Integration: Loop is designed to work seamlessly with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams, providing users with a unified and streamlined experience.
- Efficient Communication: With built-in commenting and messaging features, Loop enables efficient communication among team members, allowing them to give feedback, ask questions, and resolve issues quickly.
- Customizable Templates: Microsoft Loop comes with a variety of customizable templates, making it easy to create different types of documents, including meeting notes, project plans, and reports.
- File Sharing: Loop integrates with OneDrive for seamless file sharing and collaboration within channels. Version history for files is also provided.
- Cloud-based Storage: Loop saves all your documents and data on the cloud, making it accessible from any device with an internet connection.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: The tool has an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to get started and navigate the different features.
- Enhanced Security: Microsoft Loop provides enterprise-grade security features, including data encryption and access controls, to protect your data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Mobile App: The tool has a mobile app that allows users to work on the go, collaborate with their team, and access their documents from anywhere.
- AI-powered Features: Loop uses AI-powered features to help users with tasks such as formatting, writing suggestions, and content organization, making it easier and faster to create high-quality documents.
Bottom line: Loop is another powerful platform that now exists in your Microsoft 365 toolbox. And like Bookings with Me, which I wrote about last week, it offers a potential cost savings to companies who might be paying for a separate workspace collaboration tool.
Again, we’re here to help you set up Loop, if needed!